NOTES from Monday
Epistemology = knowledge? What is a reasonable belief?
Metaphysics = what exists? What is real?
Value theory: what is good? What makes actions moral and immoral?
Philosophy of religion = the philosophical examination of religion = the philosophical examination of religious beliefs and practices
- Religions and ethics: if a religion (GOD!!) says that X is wrong, what should we think?
- Does God (GodS) exist? HOW do you know? Is belief in God reasonable?
o Does a Holy Spirit exist? Holy spirit =
- Prayer: is belief that prayer will do something good reasonable?
- Moral evaluation of various religious practices.
o Some adherents of some religions do bad stuff. T
o Therefore, those religions are not true or are irrational for all to believe. Does not follow.
- Do miracles exist?
- Different conceptions of God(s)?
What do you mean?
Why think that?