Assignment that'll soon be posted:
Small group project where you (1) present and explain the evidential argument from evil and (2) present and evaluate at least 5 theodicies.
Notes from the other day:
The evidential argument from evil for the conclusion that there does not exist a God.
1. Gratuitous, unjustified evils exist.
2. If God exists, then there probably wouldn’t be gratuitous evils.
3. Therefore, God probably doesn’t exist.
1. No good comes from the evil.
2. Some good comes from the evil but that good is not greater than the evil.
3. Some good comes from the evil but that good could have been achieved without much evil.